Pusing Blogger : LET’S GROW UP

LET’S GROW UP

1 Peter 2:2-3 (NKJV) …as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.


Each of us, when we come into the kingdom of heaven, is what the Bible calls: “born again.”  So, just as a baby is born into this world and has to grow up, we, when we are born again, have to grow up.


This verse makes it pretty clear how we are to grow up in God: We need to desire the milk of God’s Word, get hungry for the Word of God, make it our delight, mediate on it, chew on it, drink deeply of it, and as we do these things, we will see that we will grow.  I have watched in my own life that as I stay hungry for the Word, and the things of God, I grow!


I believe, just like in the natural, that we have to grow from a baby, to a toddler, to a child, to a teenager, and then to an adult.  That is also how we grow up as Christians.  We do not become a mature Christian overnight; it happens in steps.  Too many times, people try to rush this, and they become freaks.


So take it one day at a time.  I like how it says it in Isaiah 28:10: “For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little.”  Grow a little today.  Read a little, listen to a teaching, get faithful in your church, and you will see, after a while, a good solid growth.


Do not get discouraged and say, “It seems like I am not growing.”  It might have taken you a while to learn how to tie your shoes, but once you did, no one had to teach you that again.  So go ahead and enjoy the ride of growth.  You only get to do this once!


Confession:  I am growing today, as I read this devotional and eat of His Word.  God’s Word in me is like milk and meat, and I am enjoying this meal every day.  God’s Word is good!


Today’s Bible Reading


Ezekiel 3:16 – Ezekiel 6


Hebrews 4


Psalms 104:24-35


Proverbs 26:27


Bible in a Year: 365-Day Reading Plan : English | King James Version (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Pusing Blogger