Pusing Blogger : TAKING IT CAPTIVE

TAKING IT CAPTIVE

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4  (for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.


When a person commits a crime, the law goes after them to bring them into captivity.  In these verses, this is what Paul is saying to us.  We have to cast down imaginations that do not line up with the Word of God, and take every thought captive.  We need to keep getting to a place in our lives where we think God’s thoughts, and not the thoughts of the secular news.


“Oh Pastor,” you might say, “that is a tall order,” and you know what, it is!  But I have found that if I spend a good portion of my day listening to the news and checking every website to see what is going on, it brings no edification whatsoever.  However, if I think God’s thoughts, and make a conscience decision to let His Word stay in my life, it lifts me up and helps me throughout the day.


Paul states here that though we walk in the flesh, our battle is not with people, but with ourselves.  We do not like to hear that, but it is the truth.  Most of my battles are in my mind, and if I am just putting more junk in there, how am I ever going to win this battle and be victorious in life?


So today, take those thoughts captive that have been pulling you down.  Put them in jail, and do not give them a “Get Out of Jail Free Card.”  Bind them up, hold them down, and let God’s Word fill your mind and heart in Christ Jesus!


Confession:  Today, I am taking control of my thoughts.  This is my mind, and I do not have to fill it with trash.  I can fill it with the good Word of God, and with things that build me up.  Today, I am taking the trash out, and bringing good stuff in!


Today’s Bible Reading


Ezekiel 14:12 – 16:41


Hebrews 7:18-28


Psalms 106:1-12


Proverbs 27:4-6


Bible in a Year: 365-Day Reading Plan : English | King James Version (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Pusing Blogger