Pusing Blogger : ONE THING

ONE THING

Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV) Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.


What is the one thing that we need to do in our lives?  What is the most important decision that we can make?  These verses tell us what it is.  It is a decision that will last throughout all eternity.  We need to set ourselves to go after one thing, and that one thing is Jesus!


This world can offer us so much, but here the Apostle Paul says that all that he did in the past is nothing.   What is really important is to press to the goal of our call in Jesus.


When we think of this, it is so true!  I can gain the whole world (I can gain the wealth, the power, and the fame) but it is all going to pass away.  If I gain Christ in this world, He will last me for all eternity!


I remember when Diane and I were dating, we went to a meeting and the minister said, “I am not looking to get my name put up on a billboard like you see on Broadway.  Instead, like the Apostle Paul, I want my name in the spirit realm where demons tremble.”  We should want our names in the most special place, and that is in the Lamb’s Book of Life.


So today, I challenge you with this: What is the one thing that is the most important thing in your life?  If it is not Jesus, then everything else is worthless.  But if you put Jesus as the main thing, then everything else that you do in life will be blessed.


Confession: Today, I choose the one thing that is the most important thing, and that is Jesus.   As I choose Him, He helps me to succeed in all that I do in life.  Jesus is the prize of my life!


Today’s Bible Reading


Ezekiel 10 – 11


Hebrews 6


Psalms 105:16-36


Proverbs 27:1-2


Bible in a Year: 365-Day Reading Plan : English | King James Version (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Pusing Blogger